Tuesday, June 25, 2013

The Devon Way

I have now been in England for one week.
Any guesses how many cups of tea I've had?

My guess....with an average 4 to 5 cups per day, I would say about 30,

but as an avid tea drinker though, I don't mind it one bit.

English tea is a beauty in itself.

After making the hot tea, milk and often sugar, are added to the cup.

Although I've become quite a fan of tea with milk and sugar, with so many cups a day, I've turned to tea with milk for the majority of the time, and the occasional "dessert tea".

Below is a specialty called a cream tea.


A cream tea consists of;
- a pot of tea
- milk and sugar for the tea
- jam
- scones
- clotted cream

This lovely cream tea from Thornes Farm Shop, even came with a few beautiful strawberries from the PYO (Pick Your Own) Fields that surround the shop.



If you split the scone in half, spread the clotted cream followed by a bit of jam, you'll have this....



A Devonshire Cream Tea. 

1 comment:

  1. Every Saturday at my house. We know all about English tea. :)

    ReplyDelete